Liebster Award

Wednesday, April 30, 2014


I have been nominated by the lovely Karen from Style Sunrise to take part in the ever so famous Liebster award which was created for bloggers new to blogging to get to know each other and find new and interesting blogs. I'm so happy I got nominated for this little award :)


In case you haven't heard what this is about, the rules are as follows:

1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself
4. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask 11 for you nominees to answer
5. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 1000 followers
6. Let the nominees know you have nominated them


So here we go:

11 random facts about me:

I'd like to link to a post I did a couple of weeks ago, where I shared 50 random facts about me with you guys. I hope you don't find this cheating but I can honestly not think of another 11 things to say. Please go and check out the 50 Facts About Me Post if you fancy finding out a few interesting, or shall I say embarrassing, facts about yours truly. 
 

Questions from Karen:

1. What is your go to nail varnish brand and shade?
Now this is an easy one! ESSIE, ESSIE, ESSIE! I think they do the best nail polishes ever and I can't stop buying new shades! My all time favourite shade has to be 'Wicked' but currently I'm really into 'Blanc' and 'Mint Candy Apple'

2. What is your favourite book you've read?
I cannot possibly narrow it down to just one favourite book! I read A LOT and there are so many great books out there. However I grew up with the Harry Potter books and have reread all of them countless times so they are definitely a fave (especially 'The prisoner of Azkaban'). Then there are a couple of books that had a huge influence on me and books that I have read only once years ago but that I still remember so clearly that they have to be mentioned here: Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks, A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, One Day by David Nicholls, The curious incident of the dog in the nighttime by Marc Haddon and the Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. (And already I feel like I should have mentioned more...)

3. What is you greatest achievement
Gosh I don' know! Getting into uni was a big deal at the time. Living abroad, away from my family and friends for almost two years was a challenge and I'm still very proud I managed it that well. So yeah, there's not one big achievement that I'm especially proud of but a lot of little things.

4. Which retail store are most of your clothes from?
Probably H&M. I have loads of stuff from there! But oh boy if we had River Island over here in Germany I know things would look very different!

5. If you could visit any country right now, which would it be?
England! I have been living there for a year and a half and being back in Germany makes me miss it a lot! It feels like homesickness even though technically I'm at home right now! If I had all the money and the time to travel though I would also immediately book a flight to New Zealand.

6. Who is your favourite blogger?
I love reading the musings of Estée from Essiebutton and Anna from Vivianna Does Makeup. I always get really excited when I see a new post of them in my news feed. 

7. Which make up brush would you most miss if it went missing?
Probably the Real Techniques buffing brush which works wonders with my foundation.

8. Who is your biggest style inspiration?
I can't say I have a style inspiration as such but I love the style of Emma Watson.

9. If you could go back to one part in your life, when would it be?
The carefree days of being an au-pair in London and Paris.

10. Do you have any party tricks or unusual talents?
Nope, none that I could think of right now. Boring I know.. :)

11. If you could be an animal, which would you choose and why? 
I think I'd like to be some sort of a bird. I would like it very much to be able to just fly wherever I feel like flying, always having the opportunity to go back home as well.



11 Questions I'm asking:

1. What made you start blogging?
2. What skincare item could you absolutely not live without?
3. What is your favourite TV show/ series?
4. Did you ever experience buyer's remorse - which item did you most regret buying and why?
5. If money wasn't an issue, where would your next holiday go to?
6. If you were to write a book about your life, what would the title be?
7. What do you like most about yourself?
8. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
9. What is your favourite movie?
10. Cats or dogs?
11. Which band or artist would you most like to see live?

 

And the nominees are:

1. Strawberry Sundaes
2. Not So City
3. It's Cohen
4. Moore Krystal
5. Mollie Bylett
6. What Jess Does Next
7. Emma's 'Emmazing' Beauty Blog
8. Lillie-B
9. The Little Things And More
10. Simply Asha
11. Beauty Soup


Thanks for reading!

Love,
Jess

You Might Also Like

9 Kommentare

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination! I have loved reading your answers here and will post my answers soon!

    http://whatjessdoesnext.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for the awards! I love reading Essiebutton's too :)

    Hope you have a great day!

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Her blog is just awesome :)

      Have a great too! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the nomination :) loved reading your answers!
    Your questions look good too, thank you :)
    Rachel xx
    Strawberry Sundaes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading yours too :)
      Jess xx

      Delete
  4. hi jess, i just wanted to say thank you for the nomination :) it really made my day!

    i particularly liked your answer to question #3, definitely agree with you on the whole being away from family thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yingstar, you're very welcome! I'm looking forward to reading your answers :)
      Have a great day :) xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for nominating me! And sorry I've only just replied, I've been having annoying internet issues :( I agree, essie's the absolute best, I just bought sunday funday and I love it! It'd be cool to be a bird too, although I think I'd probably be a big cat. We went to the zoo the other day and I can imagine myself being one of the fishing cats (bit specific there, but they were pretty cool) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! I bought sunday funday last week haha! It's really pretty.
      Being a cat sounds really good too, gosh I haven't been to a zoo in ages.. something needs to be done about that! :)
      xx

      Delete