Fluffy American Style Pancakes | Pancake Day 2015

Sunday, February 15, 2015



This Tuesday is pancake day and that means my blog is almost 1 year old!! My first post went up on last year's pancake day in early March and I posted some pictures of our feast and what we got up to. If you fancy taking a look you can check it out here. So one year on and pancake day's upon us yet again and I thought to stick with "tradition" I'll share my new favourite pancake recipe with you guys and some photos that will make your mouth water - promise!



Here's what you'll need:

250g plain flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 egg
375 ml buttermilk
butter or oil for the pan

Optional:

blueberries (I did want to add some to the batter but couldn't find any in the shops..)





Making pancakes is super easy, just mix all your ingredients in one big bowl and stir until it's an even texture. Then heat some butter in a big pan. Take big spoonfuls of your dough and plop them in the pan. Keep the pan moving so they won't begin to stick! Repeat, repeat, repeat, until all your dough is gone and you've got a heap of pancakes and a house smelling D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S. :-)








These are the fluffiest, loveliest pancakes ever and we enjoyed them with some grapes and strawberries which I bought out of sheer blueberry frustration.. they were surprisingly good though for February!






Let me know if you make these on Tuesday or in fact any day or if you have any favourite recipes for Pancake Day. I got sufficiently hungry by typing this so am gonna tuck into the leftovers now ;-)


Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

4 Kommentare

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! They're the best and fluffiest pancakes I ever made :) x

      Delete
  2. They look so good! and fluffy!!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And they were just as good as they looked :) x

      Delete