Summer Essentials

Sunday, May 25, 2014




So with temperatures of around 30°C we can now officially claim that summer is finally upon us here in Germany. I spent the last week in shorts and camis, sunbathing in the garden while sipping ice tea and I even bought a new bikini in celebration of the arrival of hot weather (any excuse.. haha).


So while lying outside in the sun, the idea of sharing my summer essential products on the blog with you guys popped in my head - and here I am, a day later and still sipping ice tea, typing up this post.


Nivea sun protect & bronze sun spray SPF 30

 
Well, I don't think it's necessary to remind anyone again of how important it is to protect your skin with a decent SPF when out sunbathing. I use the Nivea sun protect & bronze which is a spray-on SPF and therefore super handy and easy to apply!


La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL dry touch gel-cream SPF 50+


I wrote a whole blog post about this here. So I'm just gonna say that this is an amazing facial SPF that's non-greasy and super protective against sun rays, which is important to prevent your skin from getting all wrinkly.


Bioderma Créaline Fort for reddened sensitive skin
 

In case your sun screen failed you and you've just been out in the sun that little bit too long, or your skin is generally rather sensitive you should definitely give this cream a go! It soothes sunburnt  skin and works wonders on heat rashes as well as irritations of the skin after shaving! It's a rather rich white cream which you are supposed to apply 2 to 3 times a day in a thin layer. 


Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body scrub


A body scrub is super important to get rid of dry skin cells and revive your skin. I usually use the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush body scrub once a week and my skin feels sooooo soft afterwards and the smell of it is also simply amazing and kind of summery as well.


Garnier Fructis Oil Repair 3 for dry, strained or damaged hair

  
Not only our skin but also our hair suffers from too much sunlight. It loses moisture and gets rather dry in the summer months. So in the summer our hair needs extra nourishing care, which is why I use a repair hair mask once or twice a week in the hotter months.


Nivea Sun - After Sun Lotion with Aloe Vera


When I caught the sun a little bit too much I use this to moisturise like crazy to help calm down the sunburn and to keep further damage to my skin at bay.


Village Vitamin E Aloe Vera Gel


This is another after sun body moisturiser. It smells amazing, sinks in the skin super quickly and feels rather fresh and cooling on the skin.


Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser for dry skin


I LOVE THIS! I think an in-shower moisturiser is a genius idea and I don't even know why I didn't get this any sooner! I use this every time I'm having a shower or a bath. It makes your daily shower even quicker as you don't have to wait for your moisturiser to sink in before putting on clothes.  Last week I always used this in the shower and then put on one of the aforementioned moisturisers afterwards for extra extra moisture!


A straw hat - or any kind of hat or headscarf


Once upon a time I went to Hamburg for a sightseeing weekend expecting nice and sunny weather and instead getting a 40°C Saharan heat wave. Now I like summer but this was just too much! So when I found a stall by the docks that sold straw hats I just had to get one (such a relief let me tell you!) I went for this rather Cowboy-like version because I'm cool like that...


Sunglasses


I get my shades out at the first sign of sun because I just love wearing them. I think life looks a lot nicer through a pair of sunglasses and the tinted glass of them even allows me to pretend I have a tan - result! :)




What are your summer essentials? Which products do you use specifically during the summer months? Do you have any recommendations of products to try? Tell me in a comment below :) x

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. Nice products and beautiful pictures!


    Mymakeupmemoire.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete