The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - Review

Wednesday, July 30, 2014



A couple of weeks ago I have posted on my Instagram that I bought the Body Shop Tea Tree primer and would review for you on the blog. Now after having tested it for about 5 weeks I feel like I can give a good account on what I think about it and how I like it.



I've been looking for a primer for a long time as my skin tends to get rather shiny throughout the day (especially in the hotter summer months) I was in need of a product that kept my make-up where it should be and also kept the shine at bay. I have heard good things about the Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser before and decided to give it a go! I had high hopes for this product but I have to say it didn't fully convince me and my hunt for the perfect primer seems to be continuing.


First of all I was a bit worried about it smelling very strongly of tea tree oil, which is not a particularly endearing scent at all, but I was really surprised by the subtle smell of it! You can definitely smell the tea tree oil but it's not overpowering or anything I think it's actually a rather clean, nice scent.
The Body Shop advertises this to be "suitable for blemished skin, it makes your pores look smaller and your skin feel purer while smoothing, priming and instantly mattifying your skin". While this primer was very gentle on my skin and didn't break me out at all I can't really say it does any of the aforementioned things and it definitely doesn't help mattifying my skin! I don't know if it's just me but my skin gets shiny just as quickly with or without this on so you can see why I was a bit disappointed with it.





I think I will keep using this as part of my skin care routine to help fight them blemishes but will have to keep my eyes open for other mattifying primers. If you have any recommendations please let me know, I'd be really grateful if you helped me find my Holy Grail Primer :)



Did you find this review helpful? Would you like to see product reviews become a regular thing on this blog? Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.


Lots of love,
Jess

x

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare