A Sunday Well Spent: Bavarian Harvest Festival

Sunday, October 05, 2014



Hello you lovely lot! It is autumn and that means harvest festivals and markets will pop up everywhere in Bavaria and I love having a wander around them and seeing all the yummy organic food and looking at all the nice little crafts stalls. It's such a nice way to spend the day with family and friends especially if it's the weekend after a busy week and you just want a relaxed, fun day out in the fresh air!

So last Sunday was really nice and sunny, it was even kinda warm and therefore the perfect weather for me and my family to go out to a little harvest festival in a small village nearby where we live. The market takes place on the grounds of Plankstetten abbey and sells only regional and organic produce which I happily support. We had such an amazing time there! So many pretty things to look at and so much good food too! I had the most delicious organic burger and obviously couldn't walk past a stall selling roasted chestnuts either.. I also had to get some roasted and sea salted pumpkin seeds for later of course! My mum got roasted pumpkin seeds with vanilla and cinnamon and O to the M to the G they are the best thing ever! While the salty ones I got are really really good I kind of regret not getting a pack of the vanilla and cinnamon ones as well. I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for that stall on other markets around from now on! But enough of the words! I'll let the visuals speak for themselves!

















So that's how I like to spend my Sundays. What about you? Are you a food market lover as well?


Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare