Warming Chicken Soup With An Asian Twist

Thursday, December 11, 2014



When you are feeling a bit low or are battling a nasty cold there is nothing better than a warming soup to lift your spirits. As a little twist on the ever so famous chicken noodle soup I decided to share my favourite Asian inspired chicken soup with you today, just to spice things up a little.
 

So here's what you'll need:

200g chicken breast
2 carrots
1 chili [optional]
4 spring onions
1l of water
2 tbsp vegetable stock
1 can of coconut milk (~ 400ml)
2 tbsp soy sauce
juice of half a lime [as you can see I used a lemon as I had no limes at home]
100g frozen peas
curry powder
turmeric powder




Cube the chicken breast and roast in some olive oil in a big pot until brown. Season with salt, curry powder and turmeric. Add your chopped carrots, spring onions and chili and fill up the pot with a litre of water. Stir in your vegetable stock and bring the whole thing to a boil. Once it's boiling add the coconut milk, soy sauce and lime juice and season with curry and turmeric powder to taste (I add quiiiite a lot!). Finally add in the peas and let the soup simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes. 




Et voilà, there you have it, a nice, quick to make chicken soup that's full of flavour and a little different to your bog standard chicken soup.



Let me know if you make this soup and what you thought of the recipe. Also leave me a comment telling me what your favourite warming winter soup recipe is, I'd love to switch things up a little with a couple of new recipes.




Love,
Jess x

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. That looks delicious! I never thought of using coconut milk before!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! I love it sooo much I could have it every day haha. Do try using coconut milk I promise you won't regret it ;-) xx

      Delete