Glowing Green Breakfast Smoothie | The Healthy Life

Tuesday, January 12, 2016



As you know if you read my post about my resolutions for 2016, I wanted to get back into the swing of things when it comes to healthy eating and working out. So of course the 'The Healthy Life' series is back and starting off with this green power smoothie from Madeleine Shaw's book 'Get the Glow' which I got for Christmas. I love this book and will doubtless be sharing more of the amazing recipes I found in it. 



A smoothie is the perfect quick but nourishing breakfast and this one is full of vitamin E that makes your skin glow, good fats and electrolytes. So let's get started, here's what you'll need:

  • 1/2 ripe avocado (the recipe calls for a whole avocado but that's just way too creamy for my liking, but go ahead using one avocado if you feel like it ;-) )
  • 250 ml milk (I used almond milk and oat milk before but there's nothing wrong with dairy)
  • juice of 1 lime (2 limes makes it extra zingy, which I sometimes prefer)
  • 1/4 cucumber
  • 20g cashews

 



Blend it all together in your NutriBullet/ food processor and enjoy! This makes enough for one very hungry person or two breakfasts in a row seeing as the smoothie will last for a day in the fridge.




Let me know if you make the glowing green breakfast smoothie yourself and how you like it. What's your favourite smoothie recipes? Leave me a comment to let me know.


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare