2016 Travel Wishlist

Tuesday, March 15, 2016



"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page"

I love travelling! I love going to see new places, meet new people, make new friends and explore different cultures all at the same time. To use yet another quote, travel truly is the only thing you buy that makes you richer. I have done my fair share of moving abroads and getting on planes in the last couple of years but there's still so much out there that I haven't seen but am dying to get to know! For example have I only ever been overseas once, when I went to Chicago in 2013 to visit my friend. Clearly there's room for more haha. While I would love to go to New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, South Africa and so on I want to keep this list a bit more real. It's places I always wanted to see and am considering to visit THIS YEAR (sadly the state of my bank account is very anti-overseas holiday...). So here's a list of places that I'm potentially gonna visit this year :-)




IRELAND


This has been on my list for the longest time! Not only would I love to see Ireland, all green meadows and rough coastlines, but I'd also loooove to finally visit my friend Audrey in her hometown of Cork. I'd love to have the wind ruffle my hair at the Cliffs of Moher. I'd love a pint of Guinness in a lovely pub in Dublin. I'd quite simply love everything about this. So here I am hoping that this year it'll finally work out, finger's crossed!


DENMARK


Copenhagen has also been on this list for ages but it now isn't the only Danish place I'd like to see. Having lived in London last year I made some really good friends that I'd love to visit and be equally as happy for them to come visit me! My friend Rebecca is from the Danish town of Aarhus and I made a promise to come visit! We even made some very vague music festival plans for the summer, Roskilde beware! :-) 


SWEDEN


Now, what can I say, I still haven't been to Sweden! I think I've been wanting to go there since I was like 15 years old or so (incidentally also the age I fell in love with Swedish indie band Mando Diao..). I even took Swedish lessons for no other reason than that I really wanted to be able to speak the language when I holidayed there. Wouldn't it just be THE BEST to celebrate proper Swedish midsommar, visit Gamla Stan, go to Astrid Lindgren's värld (and no I do not care that it's a theme park for children), oh I have this holiday all planned out in my head already! Maybe this year? 


BLOODY BERLIN!


Bloody for the fact that I can't believe I've only ever been to Berlin ONCE! And what's worse, it was a three day school trip! And that (as hard as it is to admit that..) was exactly 10 years ago this summer! Awful right?! I feel like a very bad German for not knowing the first thing about our capital city! I mean I know London like the back of my hand, I even know Paris rather well, mainly because I've lived in both of these cities before, but I have absolutely NO idea about Berlin. It's not that far away, I wouldn't even need to board a plane to go there and I could easily just make a little weekend trip up there and yet I never have. This will change this year, hold me to it!


🌍


So these are just some of the many places I'd love to see! But as I said before, I have to be realistic about this year's travel budget, so I only picked a few places that I'm likely to actually be able to visit. Also I already have a London trip coming up in June, which means I already have to put some money aside for that. Anyway, I hope you liked this little list! Where would you most like to travel to this year? Have you got anything planned and booked yet? Leave me a comment to let me know :-)

Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

5 Kommentare

  1. Nice! Would you like to follow each other? If yes, follow me and leave a comment and I follow back as soon as I see it :)
    astbakay.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to Ireland!! There and Scotland. My first goal is to visit every province in Canada though as I've only been to one other besides the one I live in! I'm 95% sure we'll be taking a small trip to Quebec this month though so I'll be able to knock another one off the list! :)

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, Canada is such a BIG country so there'll be lots and lots to see I'm sure! I've never been to Canada sadly but I'm sure I'll go one day! Would love to see Vancouver and Toronto (that's probably two trips haha). But starting slow, I'll be doing some exploring in Europe this year :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I want to visit all of these places! I'm actually studying abroad this summer in Europe, so hopefully I'll be able to make it to some of them!

    xx
    Kendra | Stnkrbug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Where are you studying? I hope you can do lots of travelling while you're over here and see all these places :) xx

      Delete