Dr. Hauschka Goodies | Bath & Body

Tuesday, March 08, 2016



I've been given these Dr. Hauschka goodies by a friend last year and it took me until now to write about them! Truth be told it also took me quite a while to start testing them as I'm quite the hoarder when it comes to bath and body products and so I had approximately 7 other bubble baths to get through before opening this one. However, now that they've all been tried and tested thoroughly I'd like to tell you guys about them! 


Dr. Hauschka is a German brand that focuses on cosmetics made from solely natural ingredients. You won't find no nasties in these products for sure! There's also no use of synthetic fragrances, so if you have sensitive skin that often gets irritated by fragranced creams, lotions, etc this range of products might be worth trying out. The brand uses only organic and sustainably sourced ingredients for their products which are completely cruelty free too! All of this obviously means they don't exactly come cheap, so I'm really glad I got these as a gift from my friend!

 
Dr. Hauschka Hydrating Hand Cream


I have to say it took me a while to get used to this one! And that's mainly due to its overpowering scent. I mean really I can smell this on my hands hours after the cream has already sunken into the skin and I'm not too sure I want that! That being said, the hand cream itself feels pleasant on the skin, it sinks in quickly and it really really helped me through the colder months. I suffer from incredibly dry skin on my hands in the winter so I always need extra special hand care to get me through the cold and I feel this was a good choice this year. I also apply it to dry patches on my elbows and knees whenever I have to and it works wonders there too. All in all I'd say I can almost forgive the obtrusive scent for the benefits my skin gets from using this.


Dr. Hauschka Almond Body Moisturizer


I've been using this religiously after every shower or bath I had because it really does make my skin feel super soft and hydrated, just as the packaging promises. Contrary to the hand cream I already mentioned, this smells absolutely divine!! If you're into sweet scents that is - I sure am! The sweet almond scent smells of holidays and summer time and a little bit like a marzipan cake so I'm sold! There's one little drawback though, it takes quite a while for the moisturiser to sink in, which can be a bit of a nightmare if you're in a hurry, desperately trying to get those jeans on.. (I know what I'm talking about here ladies..). Seeing as I got a little more time on my hands right now I'm not all that bothered though. Other ingredients of this include: St. John's wort and anthyllis to balance and soothe dry and sensitive skin, as well as quince and marsh mallow extracts to balance your skin's moisture levels.


Dr. Hauschka Lemon Bath


I love having baths. I probably have way too many baths. I really should save more water. But having this in my bathroom cabinet really doesn't make it any easier for me! It smells so so good, refreshing and revitalising! It really wakes me up and lifts my mood. And what's more, bathing in this makes my skin feel baby-bottom-soft and supple! The essential oil of lemon is also said to help balance oily skin - which is my own personal nemesis! - so really this is like made for me! The package leaflet even gives tips on special uses of this Lemon Bath that actually have nothing to do with having a bath. I'm really intrigued by its use as a refreshing facial cleanse, for which you'll just add a few drops into a basin of warm water and basically wash your face with it, I'm definitely gonna give it a try. The essential lemon oil is also said to be reducing the appearance of cellulite - tell me one woman who wouldn't care for that! All in all I will definitely be repurchasing this, once I run out!



So that's that. My thoughts on some of the Dr. Hauschka products. If you use only cruelty-free cosmetics and are into organic and sustainably sourced products you should definitely give these a go! They might not come cheap, but maybe we should all be a little more aware of things like animal testing (which is happening!) and sustainability and therefore be willing to spend a little more on ethically sourced products ever so often. Are there any natural cosmetics brands you can recommend? Or have you tried Dr. Hauschka yourself before? What did you think? Leave me a comment, I'd love to know :-)




Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare