My February in Retrospect

Wednesday, March 02, 2016



Oh boy where to start?! February was a crazy month! A lot happened, good and bad.. and let's just say I kind of wasn't expecting any of it! Must have been the leap year haha :-) Anyway.. here's what happened last month:



I QUIT MY JOB! Call me naive or idealistic or whatever you want but I just realised that I couldn't possibly work for a company like the one I worked for, where people were treated like sh**, and management was laughable at best. I'm not gonna go any deeper into my reasons for quitting, but I'm gonna tell you that even though my life is kinda "off track" right now I have zero regrets! I still remember how I felt when I walked out of that office the day I handed in my notice and let me tell you, I haven't felt that relieved and happy in a long time! It was the absolute best decision and the right thing to do for me personally. I also decided that I will try and pursue what makes me happy rather than what my university degree tells me to do. This is still something that gives me sleepless nights at times but I should at least give it a shot and see how far I can get right? So onwards and upwards!






I had such a great time in Munich with my friend Audrey! We met years ago when we were both au pairing in Paris and since then always tried to meet at least once a year! Seeing as Audrey lives in Ireland while I live in Germany that isn't always easy! We've been to Paris together, I visited Audrey on her semester abroad in Brussels and she visited me in London last year. Luckily we were also able to meet in Munich at the beginning of the month! We had such a great time catching up, laughing lots (mainly due to the fact that our hotel was situated between brothels and sex shops :-D ) and just generally exploring beautiful but freezing Munich. I always feel so blessed to have friends like that, who even though we don't see much of each other, are always there for me. And however long we haven't seen each other it feels kinda like yesterday that we last talked everytime we meet.






My job as 'wedding planner' for my best friend's wedding took the next step! We went to wedding fairs, started brainstorming different aspects of the wedding and even created the first wedding invitation prototype (it's perfection.. if I say so myself). I really, really enjoy doing this and still feel so honoured that my friend chose me as her maid of honour - no words! I love organising things, making lists, planning - I always have, so I can't get enough of it haha! The wedding's next year so there's plenty of time left for me to plan the perfect wedding for my friend :-)



So these were my February 2016 highlights! I'm kind of glad the month is over now so I can officially pine for spring and blossoms and pastel coloured everything. What were the highlights of your month? Leave me a comment and let me know :-)



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

2 Kommentare

  1. Good for you on the job situation - I've had to leave a contract because management were asking me to carry out work which just morally didn't sit well and it was one of the toughest things I've had to do! But it'll all work out in the end because you'll be in a much happier space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds very similiar to my situation. I'm glad I left and feel good about the decision I just hope you're right and everything else will work out just fine in the end :) xx

      Delete