April Favourites | 2016

Thursday, April 28, 2016



How is April almost over already? Wasn't it April fools only a couple of days ago? And my birthday still feels like it was yesterday! Crazy how time flies when you have fun eh? :) April really was a good month. Lots of good things happened in the last 30 days, I spent lots of time with my loved ones and the weather actually began to feel like spring (until it started snowing earlier this week but let's not talk about that shall we?). I've also been loving an uncharacteristically high amount of things this April, which is most likely due to all the lovely presents I got for my birthday. So let's talk favourites :)


Buttercups - and this gorgeous bouquet of flowers

Aren't these just the most gorgeous flowers you have ever laid your eyes upon?!? I love buttercups and my obsession is growing! My mum surprised me with this lovely bouquet on my birthday and I literally couldn't stop staring at it. There's obviously buttercups but also lilies, tulips and some gypsophila - dreamy! I wish I could have made this last forever but it seems I will have to just go out and get a new bunch right? :) 


Ginger beer

Now this is nothing new. I always loved ginger beer but sadly it's not that easy to come by here in Germany. When I still lived in London I especially loved Fentiman's ginger beer but that's basically non existent over here. Nevertheless my brother surprised me with a few cans of Old Jamaica ginger beer for my birthday, which tastes a bit sweeter than the ones I'm used to but is actually delicious! Now that I know where to get these I'm sure I will soon stock up! Note: ginger beer is a non-alcoholic beverage.

My new and long awaited tripod

I've been wanting to get a tripod for absolute ages! Simply because it makes blog photography a whole lot easier. Now I can finally call one my own. This one was a present from my brother and it's by the brand igadiz. It has a maximum height of 1,4m and is easily adjustable. My Canon 1200D fits on it very securely and I was at no point worried that it wouldn't be held properly by the tripod. I'm very happy with it but still got a lot of experimenting to do til I can honestly say I make the most of it. Expect some more creative shots on here from now on :-) 

This pretty tunic from Vero Moda

On a rainy day a couple of weeks ago me and my best friend Sarah ventured into our local shopping centre to "have a little look around". No intention to actually buy anything we both ended up trying on quite a few lovely spring/ summer pieces at Vero Moda. And we couldn't help but both fall in love with this absolute babe of a tunic! I've already been wearing it lots around the house but it's rarely been warm enough to wear it out. I cannot wait for toasty summer days and wearing this out for some cover from the sun.


My matcha tea set

I've been telling you guys a lot about matcha and its health benefits in this post on Tuesday so I won't annoy you all with yet another ramble but just know that it's so so good for you! I got this traditional Japanese matcha set from my mum and I love using this every morning for my daily dose of matcha. Basically you just use two bamboo spatulas full of matcha powder and pour about 80 - 100 ml of hot but not boiling water over it, then whisk it up with this special wooden whisk called a 'chasen'. There's obviously ways to make this without these traditional tools but it just gives me a sense of calm to follow the old instructions. I'm obsessed. 


The newest addition to my shoe collection: Birkenstocks!

Now this is a controversial one I'm sure! Birkenstocks have been back on trend for a few years now and I only now decided to get a pair myself! I kind of hesitated for a while because growing up in Germany I kind of also grew up with Birkenstocks as shoes your parents wear around the house or you yourself wore at Kindergarten. Fellow German readers will probably get it haha. But when I came across the MADRID model I simply fell in love! Not only do I really like how these look, they are also incredibly comfortable to wear. I love that they do different widths because I have really really thin feet and often struggle finding sandals that fit me well and aren't too loose on my feet. Now the only thing missing is summer, so I can actually start wearing them. 


Stornoway's album Bonxie

I've been a Stornoway fan ever since I've seen them play Koko in London for the 2010 Camden Crawl. I know so long ago now already! I've been listening to their album Beachcomber's windowsill over and over and over again over the years but only now finally got their second album Bonxie! It was a gift from my friend Conny who discovered them with me back in the days and when she recently came to stay for the weekend we listened to it together sharing our memories from our time in London together. 


My lovely Dorothy Perkins cape

I've done a whole blog post about this cape so that probably tells you how much I love it already. If you fancy seeing more of it, read the post here. I love the colour of it as well as its pattern and I can't stop wearing it. It's so easy to throw on, cosy and flattering too and oh I just cannot get enough of it!


Foxglove Summer by Ben Aaronovitch

Book number 5 in the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch. I've been hooked on these books ever since reading the first book some 3 years or so ago. It follows the story of PC Peter Grant of the Metropolitan Police in London who discovers that he has some powers not everybody has and then learns that the Met has a special department dealing with magic and that he will be the newest addition to that department. I've only read about 100 pages of Foxglove Summer, which is the first book of the series to be set outside of London, but already I can't stop reading. Aaronivitch's style of writing just immediately sucks you into the story and doesn't let you go. I really recommend you read these if you like slightly weird books that basically combine Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes haha :)




So these are my April favourites! Quite a lot this month! What have you been loving this month? Are we sharing any favourites? Leave me a comment to let me know :)

Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

4 Kommentare

  1. I love your cape, it looks gorgeous! And yay for the tripod, I wouldn't be without mine xx

    Danielle - Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so in love with it haha :) That tripod really makes my life SOOO much easier! xx

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about time flying - this month seems to have past so quickly! I love the flowers you've featured in this post and you look so pretty in the Vero Moda tunic :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice | Twitter | Instagram x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Gabrielle! :) And now we're already almost half way through May.. it's crazy! xx

      Delete