My April in Retrospect | 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016



I've been looking forward to writing this recap more than any other I've done so far if I'm honest. I don't know about you guys but for me April was just an all round good month. More than that, it was a GREAT month! Spring is finally here (with the occasional wintery temper tantrum..) and all that sunshine and the clear blue skies make me feel soooo happy! It also makes my blogging life so much easier that there's actual daylight around for more than 3 hours a day! I can take blog photos at 6pm if I so please and there will be enough light for my photos to look good, I can't even say how happy that makes me - I'm sure you get where I'm coming from if you're a blogger yourself! #thestruggleisreal haha! But I'm rambling again, here's what went down this month :)





I celebrated my birthday with my family and friends and had the best time! It was so lovely to have everybody around, even my friend Conny who lives in Austria made the trip up here to see me. I always feel so blessed to have these people in my life! There was lots of cake, the loveliest presents, drinks and cinema fun and I couldn't have wished for nicer couple of days. I like things to be laid back on my birthday, no big parties or club nights or anything like that. I guess that just goes to show how old I am now haha! 




Like I said we went to the cinema to see 'How to be single' and I loved watching it. At first I was a bit sceptical about it as I'm not one for silly comedies but this one wasn't actually! Yes there's a couple of obvious jokes but most of the time it really did make me laugh! What I especially liked was the message that came across. And that isn't that it will all end well and everybody will have found a partner they'll live happily ever after with, but that it's ok for you to chose you. Live your life, don't let expectations of how your life should be at a certain age keep you from doing the things you want to do! Go on adventures, discover who you really are and do whatever feels right for you! And that's exactly how I feel, you do you guys!




I especially love all the blossoms at the moment (you can probably tell from the amount of snaps on my Instagram..). Is there anything more beautiful than the first mint green leaves on the trees, magnolia lining my way to work and all the gorgeous cherry blossoms? I love how everything's slowly coming to life, bursting with colour. Spring is a magical season. It makes me feel happy to be alive, I'm motivated to work out more and eat better and I don't know.. it's just great, however much hayfever is trying to ruin it for me (you won't succeed allergies!!!). There's one downside though, I can hardly stop myself from shopping ALL the spring/ summer collections. I mean I'm even looking at bikinis and it's safe to say we're far from bikini weather yet..




My trip to London is coming closer and closer. I'll be back to my beloved second home in only one and a half months time! Excitement levels are rising already especially as I'm mainly going back for a very special play I got some tickets to last year. Yes, it's Harry Potter and the cursed child!! Ahhhhh, I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!! Especially as I've recently seen the works on the entrance to the Palace theatre which looks gorgeously Harry Potter-esque now. I'm looking forward to seeing all my London friends, eating all the food I miss so much and just generally enjoy a (hopefully) very summery 5 days in the capital! Planning my trip to London is making me almost as happy as being in London haha :)


Well, round-up completed. As you can see I'm one happy bunny at the moment. What did you get up to this month? Did you have a good time too? Leave me a comment to let me know :)


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare