The Ireland Diaries | Kinsale, Cobh & Cork

Saturday, May 06, 2017



On Tuesday, right after our usual breakfast of porridge and tea, we started our day with a walk down to the sea in Clonakilty. We climbed over rocks and enjoyed the sun being out to warm our faces. There were sea gulls crying, tiny waves rolling to shore and fishermen fishing - I wish I could start every day like that.. After our long walk we had more tea and some relaxation before packing our bags and getting into the car to head east along the coast to Kinsale.






















We parked the car all the way up at Charles Fort and took in the amazing views over the bay while slowly walking down into town, passing colourful houses and pretty flowers along our way. Kinsale sure was one of the prettiest places I've been to on this trip! It's so so cute with all the colours and tiny little shops (if we ignore one idiot running a book shop.. ) and I feel while it's really tiny there's still lots to see and do - even if it's just sitting by the marina soaking up the sun (yes, SUN - in IRELAND! And lots of it too!) 
































After loads of walking around that day we felt we really deserved a good pub dinner and made our way to Jim Edwards. My friend went for the steak sandwich and I chose the fish and chips. SO GOOD! I don't think I've ever had fish and chips that delicious before - sorry The Fish House Of Notting Hill, you will always hold a special place in my heart though ;-) With our bellies filled we rolled ourselves back to the car to head home and end the day with a nice glass of wine in front of the crackling fire.















On Wednesday the skies were rather grey for our trip to Cobh (pronounced 'cove' - no actual 'b' involved, trust me I've been laughed at). Cobh is a seaport town in Cork Harbour where back in the days many Irish men and women boarded ships to emigrate to America. It is also known as the last port of call for the RMS Titanic - totally made me want to rewatch Titanic for the 103rd time sobbing over Jack's death once again. There's a whole museum dedicated to it if you're interested. 






We spent the rest of the day in Cork city as I had to catch an early bus from there the next day to head on a little adventure by myself. But more on that in my next Ireland Diaries post :) 




Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare