Healthy Homemade Bounty Bars | The Healthy Life

Saturday, July 22, 2017



I have recently tried to get my fitness and healthy eating back on track with meal planning, a workout schedule and well, most importantly my own homemade healthy sweet treats. Because let's be real here I wouldn't go through with this if I had to completely cut out all treats - my sweet tooth wouldn't have it! So I came across this awesome recipe for homemade bounty bars that are 100% free of any nasties and so much healthier than the shop bought ones.



I don't know about you guys, but I'm always a bit meh when it comes to 'healthy versions' of well known sweets.. I just doubt that anything sugar free or made of dates could ever come close to the real deal. But let me tell you, this is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.! It tastes a lot like real Bounty bars, it doesn't taste 'healthy' and it's actually super duper easy to make. This will sure be a staple in my fridge from now on! But enough said, here is the recipe you should all try:


What you'll need:

160g dessicated coconut
70g coconut oil
4tbsp maple syrup
4tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter you fancy)
6tbsp raw unsweetened cacao powder


The rest is easy. Simply mix together the dessicated coconut, coconut oil, maple syrup, pop the whole thing in a tray lined with baking paper and flatten with the back of a spoon. Put the tray in the freezer for at least thirty minutes until it's all set. In a separate bowl, mix together the cacao, almond butter and about 10 - 20g of the coconut oil. Stir until smooth then spoon the mixture over the base and pop the whole thing back in the freezer. Once it's all set you can go ahead and cut your coconutty, chocolatey goodness into little bounty bars. Keep in the fridge and enjoy whenever you crave a sweet treat - all without a guilty conscience, you're welcome :-)








Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare