The Summer Tag

Saturday, August 05, 2017



Summer is in full swing at the moment. Temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius are a common occurrence and so is sweating your tits off at work, dreaming about a shady place by the lake - drink in hand. What better time to do a post all about summer eh? I found this little tag on my friend Michelle's YouTube channel (be sure to check it out if you're a German speaking reader of mine :-) ) and I quite liked the questions she came up with.


1. Favourite summer drink?
Has to be homemade iced tea! I always make a big jug full of delicious tea in the evening, pop it in the fridge before I go to bed and enjoy it the next day! It's the best! If we're talking alcoholic beverages of course I think there's little that tastes better than an ice cold shandy in the sun.. or Pimms.. or Lillet Wild Berry.. oh well.. I guess this question isn't so easy to answer after all haha!
 
2. Pool or lake?
Lake all the way! I haven't been to an outdoor swimming pool in yonks! I don't really like the crowdedness and the chlorinated water and the general neatness of the place. I prefer being out in nature at a nice lake to take a break from everyday life. That being said, I still enjoy going to thermal spas but for some reason that's an autumn/winter thing for me..

3. Favourite summer scent?
Easy: the scent of rain on a hot summers day! Perfume wise it's gotta be Clarins' Eau de Jardin :-)

4. Bikini, tankini or swimsuit?
This is tough.. I only own a bikini and it's the prettiest bikini I ever had and I love it. Then again.. I'm not so confident about my body recently which is why I've been on the look out for the perfect bathing suit. So far I wasn't that successful so if you know of a good place to go shopping for swimsuits leave me a comment below, I'd be forever grateful!

5. Favourite ice cream flavour?
Pistachio. Full stop.




6. Must-Have beauty product?
Garnier Dry Protect Sun Screen! It prevents me from looking like a tomato during the summer while at the same time it feels great on the skin, not greasy at all! And it even smells nice! It's been my sun screen of choice for a couple of years now.

7. Tshirt or strappy tops?
I'm more of a strappy top kinda girl. And when it's this hot, less fabric is definitely more.

8. Favourite fruit?
W.A.T.E.R.M.E.L.O.N. 'Nough Said!

9. Beach vacation or city trip?
City trip! I just can't be lying on the beach sunbathing for a week. I can't. I get so incredibly bored not even books can help any more. I would love to visit a city that has a beach as well as a lot of culture and sights to see, that would be the perfect holiday for me.

10. What does your perfect holiday look like?
Well, see answer to question number 9. :-)




11. Skirt of shorts?
Hmmmm.. skirts I think. I definitely wear a lot of dresses during the summer, but given the choice of either wearing a skirt or some shorts I have to chose skirts.

12. Sports in the summer? Which sports are you into during the hotter months?
I started going for runs again a couple of months ago but currently it's just too hot to go! I mean seriously, I'm sweating just sitting watching TV, I sure as hell won't go running around outdoors! At the moment I prefer doing easy and quick YouTube workouts at home, preferably Yoga based ones. I put my big fan on and it feels like being outside on a nice breezy day haha!

13. Foundation, BB Cream, powder or bare faced?
BB Cream. I haven't been wearing foundation in months! On a normal working day I put on BB cream and a bit of concealer where I need it and I'm ready to go.

14. What do you buy every summer?
Sun screen. You're not supposed to reuse sunscreen you have left over from last year so I keep buying new bottles every summer. I also stock up on summery dresses every year, I don't think you can ever have enough floaty dresses, can you?

15. Spray-on sun screen or creams?
Definitely spray on! I'm never going back to creams again!

16. Beach towel or deck chair?
I prefer my own beach towel in the sand, for an authentic holiday feel :-)

17. What do you have in your handbag every summer?
Water. And a good compact powder as I turn into a shiny mess within 10 minutes of being out in this heat!

18. No-Go in the summer?
Broken air cons in the car. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about.

19. Flipflops or sandals?
Depends on where I'm going really.. I'd say I wear flip flops more often as they're just super easy to slip on and because I love the way my silver flip flops from Office make my feet look kinda tanned. But for when I'm walking around all day, like you do on holidays a lot, I prefer sandals as they're just a tad more comfortable that way.

20. Do you prefer to shave, wax or epilate?
I don't wanna go into to much detail on this but I think it depends a lot on the region we're talking about haha! Generally I epilate my legs and also shave them when I don't come round to epilating and just need them to look smooth in a hurry. Other than that I only really shave.



Wow, that turned out to be quite the list of questions to answer haha! I hope you enjoyed this little post, I sure enjoyed answering all these questions! How about you? Please feel free to use this tag on your blog if you feel like it, or leave me some of your answers in the comments below. I'm looking forward to reading them!



Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare