Decorating the tree and getting the flat ready for Christmas | Blogmas Day 21

Thursday, December 21, 2017



It's the most wonderful time of the year! I love Christmas time for all it's bright lights and cosiness. The scent of biscuits and mulled spices in the air and just the general peace and quiet of the holidays. That's why I also enjoy making my home ready for Christmas, perfect with a tree and little decorations, all the fairy lights, candles and all the decorations.



First of I'd like to point out that it has to be a real tree! I don't get the appeal of those fake ones, however real they may look. Growing up we always had real trees for Christmas and I'd like to stick with that tradition and make it mine too. While I could definitely still improve on the amount of ornaments I have, I'm quite happy with the red and gold theme of my tree this year.




I have a couple more fir branches decorated with cinnamon sticks and dried oranges as well as a couple of small baubles strategically places around the flat too haha. 


The windowsill of my living room is decorated with this gorgeous XMAS sign from Depot, that lights up when switched on and lots of candles surrounding it. Speaking of candles, my whole flat is covered in scented candles at the moment. There's just something about them that make me feel so homely. 





You guys have already seen my DIY door wreath so I won't go on about that much longer. My dining table is currently home to my advent wreath which I decorated in much the same way I did last year, again very classically in red and gold as well as some cinnamon stick and dried oranges.




Have you put your trees up yet? Or are you waiting for Christmas Eve like some people do? I'd love to know how you make your homes ready for Christmas. Are you a deco lover as well? Leave me a comment and let me know.


Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare