Nailpolishes For Winter | Blogmas Day 5

Tuesday, December 05, 2017



So it's finally time to bring out the wintery nailpolish shades again! I'm so into dark berry tones and glitters and the lot, so I actually wear a lot more nail varnish in autumn/winter than I do in the summer. I thought I'd show you some of my current favourite tones.



Trend It Up Copper Glace Collection nailpolish in 040



This will come as no surprise to you if you've been staying up to date with my Blogmas posts. I mentioned it in my November Favourites, you can read that here. It's as the name suggests a pretty copper shade, slightly glittery and super shiny. I mostly wear darker colours on my nails in the darker months so this isn't an obvious choice for me, it could just be due to my current love of copper everything. But I still think it's quite pretty especially around Christmas time.


Essie's Wicked



Now this is probably my oldest recurring favourite. I've been repurchasing this for years now and I don't think there's a prettier shade around! It's got this dark brownish red colour that looks almost black depending on the light. Super pretty! And as with all Essie shades it applies evenly and lasts well on the nails, which is even more important with darker shades I feel.


Trend It Up Fade To Black Collection nailpolish in 030



There's some really pretty shades in the Fade To Black collection but I went for this one as I didn't own anything like it yet. It's a dark mauve-y kinda purple colour, that looks really dark on the nails (don't say Jess.. clue is in the name..). What's incredible with this is that one coat totally does it for me! It's therefore so quick and easy to apply and there's not much waiting around for it to dry either.


Essie's Midnight Cami



I've had this nailpolish for the longest time! It was actually the first Essie polish I ever picked up and I've only had to repurchase it once, as it seems to magically last forever. It's this gorgeous dark iridescent blue colour, that almost looks black on the nails (can you sense a theme here by now..?). Perfect party shade for sure, so Christmas parties here I come! :-)


Trend It Up Soft Matte Collection nailpolish in 020



Well, this colour screams autumn/winter! It's a classic dark burgundy shade, of which I own quite a few by several different brands because why not eh? What's a little different about this one is it dries matte. I don't own any other matte nailpolishes as I never really got all the hype but I have to say, this is really pretty and I might just have to invest in a few more...


Trend It Up Brilliant Moments Collection nailpolish in 010



I had to mention a glittery polish right? I use this both as a nailpolish in its own right as well as a top coat with other shades. It is however quite thick coverage so make sure you only get very little on the brush when you're using it as a top coat. It's super sparkly, gold and festive but, be warned, it's a bitch to remove! I destroy several cotton pads whenever I take it off but still think it's worth it every time. Maybe someone could remind me that I feel this way the next time I sit swearing while trying to take it off.



Wow, I didn't realise when I picked these winter favourites, that there were only Essie and Trend It Up shades! Well, I'm sure impressed with both brands and think they do amazing shades that last well and apply well. And Trend It Up polishes are so affordable too! I love it. Well, what are your favourite polishes for winter? What will you wear on your nails for Christmas? Have you decided yet? Leave me a comment and let me know :-)

By the way, if you wanna see all of the shades I mentioned in action, follow me on Instagram and stay up to date with my Instastories where I will show you all of them as we go through winter. 




Lots of Love,
Jess xx

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare